The Laurus Trust is a growing multi-academy trust in the North West of England.
The vision of the Trust is for everyone regardless of background or circumstance to be inspired, to thrive in all environments, to recognise what it takes to succeed, to set aspirational goals and to work hard to achieve them. In the recent Staff Engagement Survey 97% of our employees stated that they would recommend working for Laurus Trust to their friends.
All our Laurus Schools are hugely oversubscribed and have a reputation, both locally and further afield, for outstanding teaching and learning through the relentless pursuit of excellence and the determination to ensure that every child succeeds. Our founder school Cheadle Hulme High School was judged Outstanding in every single category by Ofsted in 2011 and 2015.
Didsbury High School is a new secondary free school for 11-18 students in South Manchester. The school is run by the Laurus Trust and replicates the outstanding education already provided by the Trust’s founder school, Cheadle Hulme High School (CHHS). It opened September 2019, initially providing 210 Year 7 places in eight forms.
If you want to work in a highly ambitious and successful school, and have the passion and commitment to join us at an exciting time for learning and development as we expand and open new schools in the Trust, then we would like to hear from you.
We are currently looking to recruit a Learning Support Assistant to join our growing team.
This position is Fixed Term, until August 31st 2021
Salary: Scale 4 from £19,554- £21,166 subject to pro rata per annum and mid year start (£10.14-£10.97 per hour)
Hours: 35 hours per week, term time only
- To support identified students within the classroom environment, within small group situations and on a one to one basis.
- Work with teachers to enhance student progress, whilst also promoting their independence, self-esteem and social inclusion.
- Contribute to the development of programs which support students with SEND
- Act as keyworker for students with SEND in order to support their progress throughout school.
- Collaboratively working with all members of the pastoral team, to support the progress of students with SEND
- Contribute to the Learning Support Key Worker Programme
- Be a point of contact for students and their parents/carers
This is an important appointment for Didsbury High School as you will contribute to a team that provides a high quality service, delivering a positive operational and educational experience for all stakeholders. In return for your commitment, we also offer:
• Competitive salary
• Pension scheme with employer contributions
• Excellent employee benefits
• Flexible working
• State of the art school facilities
To find out more, and to understand how you will be able to make a significant impact on the success of our schools and students please see the job description below. To apply for the role please click on ‘quick apply’ below. CVs will not be accepted.
Any candidate who has a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010, is required to inform us, in order to ensure that ‘reasonable adjustments’ can be made.
Deadline for applications: 9am on Wednesday 26th February 2020
Interviews to be held: Thursday 5th March 2020
The Laurus Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.