Required as soon as possible, permanent, full time, 37 hours per week , 40 weeks per year. Starting Salary £17,019 pa with the potential to progress to £18,304 pa (fte £19,156 to £20,603).
The academy is looking for a well-organised, self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills. You will work with identified SEND students, including one-to-one support and guidance, to remove barriers to learning. You will promote effective participation, enhance individual learning, and raise aspirations to help them achieve their full potential. You will also play a key role in supporting teaching colleagues.
Essential requirements include:
• Relevant Level 3 qualifications in a relevant discipline
• Appropriate Level 2 in both English and Maths at a grade C or above.
• Up to date knowledge and understanding of the practices and procedures within education relating to the welfare, safety and education of pupils.
• An understanding of principles of child development and learning processes.
• Experience of working with pupils of relevant age in a school setting.
For an informal discussion about this role or to arrange a visit, please contact, Sophie McCabe, Vice Principal on 01946 820356.
West Lakes Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced check with regulated activity via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further details and application forms are available from our website www.westlakesacademy.org.uk Closing date: 9.00 am on Monday 24th February 2020