Learning Support Assistant
Hourly Rate: £9.42 (including September 2019 pay award)
We are looking to appoint an additional Learning Support Assistant on a casual basis, to provide literacy and numeracy catch up intervention support, to a small group of students in Years 7 and 8 on a 10 to 12 week roll on, roll off programme. The identified students will need additional support on top of their bespoke literacy lessons which are being delivered by a member of the Languages Faculty.
Applicants need to demonstrate:
- Successful experience working with children in a school environment
- Educated to Level 2 (GCSE) or equivalent qualification /experience including Maths and/or English
- Ability to establish rapport and to maintain respectful and trusting relationships
- The ability to overcome barriers to learning with children by implementing school policies, procedures and identified support mechanisms
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- A passion to improve learning and work collaboratively with teaching staff to aid the progress of all students and develop their confidence
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines
- A good understanding of Health and Safety, safeguarding and child protection
- A commitment to equality and diversity and inclusion
Closing Date: Midday on Monday 14 October 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 21 October 2019
To apply, visit www.kes.essex.sch.uk and download the application form, complete and email to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The King Edmund School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced DBS check as part of our Safer Recruitment & Selection Procedures.