LGS Band 2 to midpoint
30 hours per week (8.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m. Monday to Friday)
38 working weeks (43.1 paid weeks)
Actual annual salary from £12,107
Start Date – As soon as possible
The Learning Academy, home to our Special Educational Needs (SEN) department, is integral to the ongoing success of the school, and our Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) are a vital part of the team. We are implementing a number of innovative and exciting changes and we are looking for 2 excellent LSA's to help us to help our SEN students to fulfil their potential.
The role will involve:
• Working with individuals or small groups of children in collaboration with teaching staff;
• Proactively supporting students with activities designed to enhance numeracy and literacy;
• Supporting SEN students in gaining the ability to utilise IT in the classroom;
• Promoting positive behaviour, raising esteem and encouraging an aspirational culture;
• Working with SEN students to foster their development as independent learners.
In order to achieve this, you will need to have:
• A good standard of education (ideally Maths/English GCSE grade A* to C or equivalent);
• A commitment to high standards of achievement from students and yourself;
• Excellent organisational skills and competence in common IT applications;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to act on your own initiative;
• An enthusiastic, can-do attitude with a good sense of humour.
This is an exciting time to join our school. You will become part of a positive, aspirational and fun team that values the contribution of its LSAs immensely. Training can be provided and ongoing professional development will be encouraged.
We welcome visits to the school, so please come and see us in action! The full job description is attached, together with application forms and more information can be found on the school’s website.
Please email the completed application form to: email@example.com quoting reference 249 or post to HR Team at The Sigma Trust, Tendring Education Centre, Jaywick Lane, Clacton-on-Sea, CO16 8BE. Please do not hesitate to contact the Sigma Trust by email or on 01255 750913 should you require any further information regarding this position.
Closing date: 5th December 2019
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. A disclosure check from the Disclosure and Barring Service will be sought for successful candidates.