Learning Support Assistant
Pay: LGS Band 2 to Midpoint (£18,065-£18,795 pro rata)
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant support children with Special Educational Needs.
Hours/Weeks: 32.5, Mon – Fri 8.30am-3.30pm hours term time only. Part-time will be considered.
The start for this post is as soon as possible.
The role will involve:
• Working with individuals or small groups of children in collaboration with teaching staff;
• Proactively supporting students with activities designed to enhance numeracy and literacy;
• Supporting SEN students in gaining the ability to utilise IT in the classroom;
• Promoting positive behaviour, raising esteem and encouraging an aspirational culture;
• Working with SEN students to foster their development as independent learners.
We're looking for you if you have:
• A good standard of education (ideally Maths/English GCSE grade A* to C or equivalent);
• A commitment to high standards of achievement from students and yourself;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to act on your own initiative;
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification).
What we can offer:
• A competitive Salary;
• Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance Programme;
• A full continuous Professional Development Programme;
• Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust.
We are a very successful school, which has a ‘Good’ Ofsted rating and positive Progress 8 scores for the past 3 years. The Stanway School is expanding; all the buildings are new, including brand new performing arts block which opened in September 2018.
For additional information about our school, please visit The Sigma Trust website http://www.sigmatrust.org.uk/academies/stanway.asp
Please note that applications can only be accepted on the attached Sigma Trust Application form.
Closing Date: 21st January 2020
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. A disclosure/status check will be sought from the Disclosure and Barring Service for the successful candidate.