MONKWICK JUNIOR SCHOOL
LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Pay Range: LGPS Scale 3, Point 4 FTE £18,933 (Point 4 – 5)
£12,807 Actual Salary
Start Date: ASAP
We are seeking an outstanding individual to work with the Class Teacher and SEN Co-Ordinator to address the needs of children who need help to overcome learning barriers in order to achieve their full potential. To support the learning and provide for the care and welfare of students with special educational needs during school hours.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• Help students access specialist learning resources as required.
• Support the implementation of Pupil Profiles and Pastoral Support
• Be aware of and comply with Monkwick Junior School polices relating
to child protection, health and safety, confidentiality and data
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
• Experience of working with a range of children
• Ability to interact positively with pupils, parents and colleagues
• Willingness to undertake interventions to support children eg.
Learning, social skills
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Monkwick Junior School?
We can offer you:
• A Competitive Salary
• Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
• Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share
resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
• Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension
Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at
selected local gyms
This post is 30 hours per week, 38 weeks per year (Term Time, plus Non-pupil days), however, we are willing to consider applications from people who are able to work fewer hours per week.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 2nd December 2020.
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 5th November 2018.
Interviewing will take place TBC
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Monkwick Junior School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 11 years