Glyn School is looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to help students with SEND needs.
Prospective colleagues will be able to successfully support students from a range of backgrounds, with a variety of needs. Working alongside classroom teachers, you will provide in-class support and out of class monitoring for students and enable them to overcome potential barriers to learning. At Glyn, we have a strong focus on high aspirations and on improving outcomes for young people. Our dynamic and dedicated LSA team is a core element of this drive and ethos.
- School: Glyn School, Epsom
- Working hours: Full time or Part time, Term time only
- Pay Grade: S3
Glyn School is ideally situated just ten minutes’ walk from both Ewell East and Ewell West stations, both of which are approximately 20 minutes from Clapham Junction and within Zone 6.
A few facts about Glyn:
Glyn School is a values driven, learning centric and innovative school, with an Ofsted ranking of ‘Outstanding’ in 2009 and 2012. An oversubscribed 11-19 Academy, Glyn is the lead school in the successful and thriving GLF Multi Academy Trust. We are a vibrant school for boys with 1253 students on roll (year 7-11), and a successful mixed Sixth form with 554 students. Glyn is a high performing school, where learning is our overriding priority. Our highly engaged and hardworking students achieve excellent examination results, as demonstrated by results of 82% attaining a grade 4 in both English and Maths in 2017 GCSE. In 2014, we were designated a teaching school, one of a select number that represent the most outstanding and innovative practices nationally.
SEND Department at Glyn:
Glyn School’s SEND department plays an important role throughout the school. We are an enthusiastic and supportive department, who are committed to providing high quality teaching and support to our students.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to develop your career through our extensive CPD programme, whatever your level of experience.
- An opportunity to contribute and grow in a well-resourced and highly successful department.
- Enhanced maternity and sickness entitlement.
- Recognition of previous school continous service.
- An opportunity to be a part of a collaborative environment within GLF Schools.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be an excellent and creative SEND practitioner.
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
- Be passionate about the students' learning and welfare.
- Be keen to be part of the wider school community.
- Experience of studying Mathematics, Science or English at A level would be an advantage.
Interview date: Week of March 26, 2018
GLF reserves the right to invite candidates for interview prior to the closing date. We would therefore recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.