Mon – Fri: 8.30-12.00 & 1.00-3.15
Closing Date: 12.00pm Monday 12th December 2016
We are seeking to appoint an efficient, motivated and friendly person to work with a child in Year 5 who has a Statement for cognition and learning, language and communication.
The Learning Support Assistant (LSA) is a member of a team of practitioners responsible for the education and care of the children in the Academy, and you will be involved in contributing to the teaching and learning programme in accordance with the ethos, aims and objectives of the Academy.
The LSA works as part of the team - being ‘partners’ in supporting the pupils’ access to learning and their specific needs – physical, behavioural, medical and emotional, and you may be required to work with groups or individuals from a class without the presence of the class teacher and supervise activities and tasks.
You will need to:
- provide appropriate levels of individual attention, reassurance and help for pupil(s) needs as identified in Educational Health Care Plans and/or Individual Education Plans
- support the complex specific needs of specified pupils – physical, emotional, medical or behavioural
- Where necessary and under the direction of the teacher, act as an escort on and off Academy premises, normally in the presence or immediate vicinity of the teacher and in accordance with the Academy Visits Policy
- support pupil(s) access to the curriculum, their learning in particular lessons and their progress towards specific individual targets
- develop a thorough understanding of the specific learning needs of identified pupils
- foster pupil independence through supporting improvement in their knowledge, skills and understanding
In return we can offer:
- Friendly, supportive, motivated and dedicated staff
- Our commitment to support your professional development
- A ‘Good’ School (Ofsted, Jan 2015)
If you wish to apply for the position please use the application form on our website (www.langtonsjunioracademy.co.uk) and send it to email@example.com
Langtons Junior Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is therefore subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS clearance.