Job title - Learning Support Assistant
Location – Hammersmith
Pay £70 to £85 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 weeks experience in a similar education-based setting.
January 2021 – ongoing
Smart Teachers is recruiting for Learning Support Assistants for regular daily supply and long term/permanent vacancies in and around Hammersmith, West London. We have a constant flow of short and long-term work for Learning Support Assistants across a wide range of school-based roles in special needs and secondary age groups.
• Smart Teachers work with a range of secondary schools from mainstream and independent to more specialist roles within an SEN setting.
To be considered for the Learning Support Assistant position, you will:
• Proven experience supporting the UK or equivalent curriculum within the past two years
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Graduate desirable but not essential
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online Edu Care training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Learning Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Secondary Team on 0207 065 7535 quoting the reference RXN LSAhammersmith.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.