Actual Salary £12,075 to £12,316 depending on experience
based on 30 hours per week, term time only
1 year, full/part time, fixed contract
We are seeking to appoint a well-organised, skilled and professional person to support students within the School and Sixth Form. If you are passionate about young people, enjoy variety in your role and thrive on working in a busy environment this is a great opportunity for you. The successful candidate should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, relate well to young people and possess Maths and English GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent). Experience of A-level courses a benefit, but not essential.
Working as part of a team, within many different departments, is a crucial aspect of the role, so you must have a flexible attitude to react to different situations throughout the school day and the ability to use your own initiative within the learning environment.
Are you able to:
• Work flexibly and use your own initiative?
• Communicate effectively with a friendly and helpful disposition?
• Work calmly under pressure?
• To assist in the education, supervision and welfare of students in the classes you are assigned to and around the school
• To create a positive atmosphere and professional impression that reflects our core values and ethos
• Working in a small highly motivated team of colleagues
• The opportunity to gain further experience and career progression as the school, the intake grows and our infrastructure expands.
Bohunt School in Liphook was judged Outstanding in all areas in April 2013 and the school has received national coverage for a variety of innovative initiatives. The School is located in attractive, open country on the edge of Liphook (40 miles from London) with easy access to the A3 between Guildford and Portsmouth. Bohunt School opened a new Sixth Form in purpose built accommodation in 2017.
The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
For further details on how to apply, please visit www.bohunt.hants.sch.uk
Closing date: noon on Monday 20th January 2020
Interview date: TBC
Start date: Immediately / Agreed notice period