The Global Academy opened its doors in September 2016 to the first cohort of students. September 2017 sees us double our student numbers which means we are on the lookout for phenomenal support staff to join our existing small staff body.
What’s it all about?
Our vision is to practically educate our young people to be ready for life in the creative media sector, linking all education through our specialism in broadcast and digital media. Our values are underpinned by our Obsession statement and our commitment to crafting everything we do to be the very best it can be. By doing this, we aim to create inquisitive, confident and reflective students who can harness their creativity to progress their own well-being and that of others. As Learning Support Assistant for the Academy, you’ll be responsible for supporting students with Additional Learning Needs both in the classroom and in small group situations. You will also offer advice and support to Teaching staff as to how best support these students to become independent and successful learners.
What will you be doing?
• You’ll liaise with teaching staff to work together to support students with Special Educational Needs to access the curriculum. This may include working with small groups or individual students outside the classroom where appropriate.
• You’ll administer tests and other instruments for assessing the progress of individual students as specified by the SENCO and mark and record the results.
• You’ll monitor student progress and report back on how effective your support has been.
• You’ll encourage students to interact and work cooperatively with others in small groups and the larger classroom environment.
• You’ll establish productive, positive relationships with students acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
• You’ll support students consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs.
• You’ll offer students working with you challenge and motivation to promote and reinforce self-esteem.
• You’ll promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward students.
• You’ll provide feedback to students in relation to progress and achievement.
• You’ll liaise with parents and update them on how their child is progressing.
What we expect from you:
• You’ll have experience of working in a similar role, supporting students.
• You’ll have experience of enabling young people to overcome barriers to learning and achievement.
• You’ll have the ability to relate well to students and staff alike.
• You’ll be a strong team player with the best interests of our young people at the heart of everything you do.
• You’ll be able to think on your feet and deal with any issues that may that arise in a positive and systematic manner.
• You’ll need to be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form.
• You’ll be able to manage a busy workload and effectively prioritise tasks that need to be completed.
• You’ll support the vision of the Global Academy.