We require an ambitious and motivated individual to join our founding team. Bohunt Horsham is a new, co-educational school in Horsham is opening in temporary accommodation in Arun House on Hurst Road in September 2019 for 120 students in Year 7, we will grow to become an all-through school of over 1600 pupils, based in a new, state of the art building north of Horsham.
We are seeking to appoint a well organised, skilled and professional person to support students within our school. If you are passionate about education, committed to supporting young people to achieve their potential, enjoy variety in your role and enjoy the challenge of working in a busy environment this is a great opportunity for you. The successful candidate should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, relate well to young people and possess maths and English GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent).
Working as part of a team across different areas of the curriculum is a crucial aspect of the role, so you must have a flexible attitude, be willing to adapt to different situations throughout the school day and possess the ability to use your own initiative within the a range of learning environments.
• Able to work flexibly and on your own initiative?
• An effective communicator with a friendly and positive disposition?
• A professional who can work calmly under pressure?
• Interested in gaining experience which might lead into a career in teaching?
• Committed to helping children achieve and enjoy their school experience?
• Keen to be an active member of an exciting new school community?
• To assist in the education, supervision and welfare of students in the classes you are assigned to and around the school
• To create a positive atmosphere and professional impression that reflects our core values and ethos of enjoy, respect and achieve
• To organise, deliver and monitor small group interventions in literacy, numeracy, social communication and sensory support with the support of the Trust SEND Director and School SENDCo.
• Working in a small, highly motivated team of colleagues
• Working within a successful, multi-academy trust with exciting opportunities for career progression
• The opportunity to gain further experience and career progression as the school is built, the intake grows and our infrastructure expands
Bohunt Horsham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.
Benefits include membership of the LGPS, employee assistance programme, cycle to work scheme and a variety of retail discounts.
For further details of our school please visit www.bohunthorsham.con. If you have any further questions about the role please email email@example.com. To apply please download an application form from https://www.bohunttrust.co.uk/bet-careers/vacancies/
Drop in/Q&A Session: interested candidates are welcome to come and meet some of our team at our ‘sister school’ Bohunt School Worthing (BN14 8AH), from 10.00 until 11.00 on Wednesday 12th June 2019.