Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant to work in an Independent Preparatory School in the Kensington and Chelsea borough. The role is working one to one with a child in Year 4 on a full time basis. The successful candidate will have experience working with dyslexia and have experience using associated technology including touch typing and text to speech. They will also be able to adapt resources, worksheets and lessons to enable use of laptops and iPads. It is not necessary but holding a Speech and Language related qualification would be beneficial.
About the Role
· Learning Support Assistant
· Working with a child in Year 4 who has dyslexia and motor difficulties
· Full time
· 1 year fixed term supply initially
· Daily rate of £70 a day
About the School
· Outstanding Independent Preparatory School
· Co-educational school from early years to year 6
· Set in a period property with modern facilities inside
· Very well resourced
· Located in Central London
In order to be considered for this role, the Learning Support Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
· Speech and Language related qualification desirable but not essential
· Proven experience working with primary aged children as a learning support assistant in the UK
· Experience working with dyslexia essential
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number GMA45703.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.