Vision for Education are recruiting for an experienced, resilient and motivated Teaching Assistant to work at an alternative provision in South Tyneside. The suitable candidate will have an empathetic and nurturing personality and ideally experience working with young people who have Social, Emotional or Mental Health difficulties. The suitable Teaching Assistant must also be comfortable supporting students who display challenging and sometimes confrontational behaviour.
If you have previously been involved with youth work, either in an outreach or youth centre setting, we would be very interested in hearing from you.
The role is to begin on 3rd September and you must be available 5 days a week. Due to the immediate start, having a DBS on the Update Service would be very beneficial to your application.
The ideal applicant will have the following attributes:
- Previous experience in working with young people who have challenging behaviour.
- A calm, patient and nurturing personality.
- An empathetic attitude towards young people who have complex needs.
- Valid UK driving license and access to a vehicle.
- Be available 5 days a week, Monday to Friday from September 2018
In reward for your hard work, Vision for Education will provide:
- Excellent, fair and transparent pay rates from £60 per day for this role
- Wages paid directly into your bank account every week via PAYE
- Regular training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling, Autism Awareness to continue your individual professional development – all free of charge
- Free of charge access to over 20 accredited online training courses via EduCare
- Dedicated team that work with our staff to place them in schools and locations that suit their needs
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague and they successfully work their first day
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
- We are an agency that won't charge your school or provision a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career
For more information, please contact Tim Ayton at the Newcastle SEND Team at Vision for Education on 0191 229 1386