Learning Support Assistant
Start date: Autumn Term 2018
Grade 5 (£14,473)
37 hours, 39 weeks term time
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to join our staff. The opportunity has arisen due to our growth as a result of age range change. The successful candidate will be able to provide support to students with special educational needs and/or disability. They will be patient and calm preferably with experience of working in an educational setting or with children. They will work closely with the current team of LSAs under the leadership of our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator as well as teachers in a wide range of curriculum areas.
Responsibilities will include;
- To support the physical, intellectual, emotional and social development of pupils,
- To provide agreed support to the teacher in the delivery of planned whole class learning activities
- To work under the supervision of a teacher to carry out planned learning activities with small groups or individual pupils, providing feedback on their engagement in activities and their achievement of the desired learning objectives
We require an individual who will embrace the challenges of the role and who has the required qualities to support and build confidence of learners in all year groups. This is an exciting and unique role providing the opportunity to support and encourage individuals to overcome their learning difficulties and to help them develop their skills and confidence to work more independently. The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills, be committed, enthusiastic and have the ability to inspire learners to recognise and achieve their aspirations.
The appointed person will join a small and supportive team of staff and be able to make positive contributions to the development of the College.
Further information is available on our website www.castledonington.leics.sch.uk
1. Complete the application form and attach a letter of application, no more than two sides of A4, which sets out your experience to date and what you feel you can contribute to the post.
2. Email the application form and letter to: email@example.com
Post in an envelope clearly marked ‘Learning Supervisor’ to: Lorraine Deley, Principal’s PA, Castle Donington College, Mount Pleasant, Castle Donington, Derby, DE74 2LN
Closing date: 25th June 2018 9.00am
Interview date: 4th July 2018