Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant with excellent behaviour management to join an independent school in the South East London area. The school has 27 students on role and the needs across this school are primarily social, emotional and mental health (SEMH). There are additional needs for some of the students. The role is to start as soon as possible and a permanent contract is on offer.
About the Role
· Learning Support Assistant
· Working with an excellent support team across the school
· Full time permanent contract (no holidays during term time)
· The starting salary for support staff is £17,000
About the School
· Independent school based in South East London
· Stable and established team of staff includes support staff, teachers and qualified therapists and a solid Senior Leadership Team
· Daily briefings are held with all members of staff which is particularly important given the SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties) needs of the students
· 27 students currently attend the school
· Challenging behaviour, detachment disorders and global development delay are commonplace across the classes
· Padded time-out room available
· Provides extensive professional development for staff and fast track career progression
· Training in Team Teach and First Aid
In order to be considered for this role, Learning Support Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
· Previous experience working with students with SEN (desirable)
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number LXD29945
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.