Smart Teachers is recruiting for an LSA / Learning Support Assistant to work 1:1 with a student at a lovely new primary special needs school in Brent.
This well-resourced school caters for students with social, emotional, and mental health (SEMH) difficulties. The head teacher is supportive and fully invested in the teachers and support staff at the school. As the school is quite small, it has a welcoming atmosphere and family-like feel to it.
The successful LSA / Learning Support Assistant must have previous experience working with students with special needs and will have strong behaviour management skills. It is essential that the LSA / Learning Support Assistant have training in either restraining or de-escalation. This role is available to start ASAP on a temporary basis initially with the possibility of a permanent contract for the right candidate.
About the Role
• LSA / Learning Support Assistant
• Will be supporting primary students with SEMH (social, emotional, and mental health) difficulties
• Working 1:1 or 2:1
• Role to begin ASAP with a possibility of a permanent contract for the right candidate
• Daily rate starting from £75 (depending on experience)
About the School
• Primary SEMH school in Brent
• Very supportive leadership team
• Small class sizes of 4-5 students, with 2-3 support staff
• All students have a statement of Special Educational Needs
• Caters for children with SEMH (social, emotional, and mental health difficulties)
• Soft-play room and a therapy room on site
• Multiple therapists to work with the children and their families
• Specialised music room
• Breakfasts and lunch provided by a chef onsite each day
• School provides CPD training for staff
• Close to transport links
In order to be considered for this role, the LSA / Learning Support Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
• Previous experience with SEN or SEMH difficulties (essential)
• Must have restraint training (essential)
• Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number NVC179533LSA
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.