Smart Teachers is recruiting for a dynamic and resilient Learning Support Assistant / LSA with great behaviour management skills to join an independent school in South East London. Working across KS2 and KS3, the successful Learning Support Assistant / LSA would benefit from having worked with challenging students within this age group. This is a permanent role working in an extremely well-resourced and purposely renovated alternative education provision. The school are looking to appoint the Learning Support Assistant / LSA to this role ASAP.
About the Role
• Learning Support Assistant / LSA
• Working within small class sizes with a maximum of 10 students
• Working with students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH)
• Working as a general support within one class, or working 1:1 with a student
• Mentoring students is a big part of this role
• Full time position in term time only
• Hours are 8am to 4.30pm
• ASAP start
• Permanent position
• £17,000 salary
About the School
• Independent school specialising in SEN based in South East London
• Stable and established team of staff includes support staff, teachers and qualified therapists and a solid Senior Leadership Team
• Daily briefings are held with all members of staff, which is particularly important given the SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties) needs of the students
• 41 students currently attend the school
• Challenging behaviour, detachment disorders and global development delay are commonplace across the classes
• Apple Macs with the latest technology are found in every classroom
• Provides extensive professional development for staff and fast track career progression and upward mobility available for the right fit
• Provides training in Team Teach and First Aid
• Lunch is made every day by a chef on site, with students assisting in preparing meals
• Chicken run onsite and the eggs laid are used in the kitchen
• Padded time-out room available
In order to be considered for this role, the Learning Support Assistant / LSA will need to meet the following criteria:
• Proven experience working with students with SEMH / SEN
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number LXD162879lsa.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.