Are you passionate about supporting students? Are you looking for a school that will train and support you to gain your QTS? Do you have experience working in small groups or 1:1 with SEN/EAL children? If the answer is yes to these questions, Chalk Hills Academy would love to hear from you!
The Chalk Hills Academy are seeking to appoint Learning Support Assistants to help support the teaching and learning of an individual or groups of students. We are looking for enthusiastic, dynamic and knowledgeable candidates who will contribute to the intellectual and social development of students and support their achievement in Literacy and Numeracy and other specific curriculum areas as directed.
If you want to train to become a teacher but not sure how, The Chalk Hills Academy can train and develop you so you can gain your Qualified Teaching Status. If you are a graduate and interested in starting as a Learning Support Assistant, after 12 months of successful completion in this role we can support suitable candidates in becoming a qualified teacher.
We are looking to recruit Learning Support Assistants who have the right attitude and will represent our positive ‘can do’ ethos that runs through our Academy. Therefore, you do not need to be a graduate to be successfully appointed for this role.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent literacy and numeracy skills (minimum of Grade C in GCSE’s or equivalent)
- Be able to take part in training and liaise with a wide range of people including teachers, parents, carers, students and pastoral team
- Be able to listen to the direction of the class teacher, follow agreed lesson plans and use support strategies appropriate to the needs of students.
- Be able to prepare, maintain and deploy appropriate learning aids, materials and equipment.
- Be able to contribute significantly to the planning of teaching and learning for the whole class and/or individual students
- Be able to contribute to the care, health and welfare of students in accordance with the school’s health and safety and related policies
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
- £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped laboratories and equipment to match the level of courses offered
- You’ll be working in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ School
- You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
- Unparalleled CPD opportunities with the opportunity to develop as a fully qualified teacher!
- Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
- Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
- Local subsided gym membership and other great staff benefits
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “The purposeful and caring leadership of the Principal and SLT have created a strong academy identity and a positive ethos shared by all members of the community. The strength of leadership is recognised without exception by the academy’s staff. Students’ behaviour is good, the atmosphere in lessons is calm and studious and attitudes to learning are routinely positive as students want to learn. Students are hugely proud of their academy, they wear their blazers and ties smartly, do not drop litter and look after the modern, purpose-built site impeccably. They stand without instruction when any adult enters a classroom.”
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.