Teaching Assistant Supporting & Delivering Learning Level 3
5 (£14,724 – £16,143)
193 days (37 hpw)
Full time, maternity cover, from October 2017
In consideration of the school’s drive for improved teaching and learning and the dynamic nature of support required for an ever changing school cohort , we would like to appoint a highly effective learning support assistant.
Applicants will be highly motivated and have a passion to ensure that our learners achieve the very best that they can at all times. The core purpose of the role will be to uphold the core standards of pride, respect and achievement with all learners but also ensure that those requiring specialist provision receive the highest standard of bespoke support. Specifically, the successful candidates will:
- Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model, promoting challenge and active participation in learning
- Be committed to supporting all learners with Social and Emotional issues to restore participation and learning
- Promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance and collaborative work
- Develop specialist knowledge of both the curriculum and learners’ bespoke needs to work with teaching staff and ensure maximum progress
- Record progress and achievement in lessons and provide evidence of level of progress and attainment that can be shared with all stakeholders
- Work within an established discipline policy to anticipate and manage behaviour constructively, promoting self control and independence
- Be committed to continuous professional development and contribute knowledge and expertise in departmental and whole school training
- Be confident to develop, monitor and contribute to learning passports ensuring effective dissemination.
- Deliver out of school learning activities within guidelines established by the school
- Have a high level of Literacy and Numeracy and show confidence in support of school strategies that address underperformance e.g. bridging the gap for students not considered secondary ready
Please note any flexible working request that you would like to be considered, should be specified in your application as these can be considered.
All post information can be downloaded either from this advert or from
To apply for this post please complete an application form and submit an accompanying letter (no more than two sides of A4). Your letter should outline how your skills, experience and core values make you a suitable candidate for the post. Completed applications should be returned to Mrs L Heide, Main Reception, Burnside Business and Enterprise College, St. Peter’s Road, Wallsend, NE28 7LQ or electronically to email@example.com
Burnside is committed to safeguarding and all offers of employment are subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS clearance.
Telephone: 0191 2598500
Closing Date: 9am Monday 25th September 2017
Interview Date: Monday 2nd October 2017