Learning Support Assistant
30 hours per week, Term Time only
Specific Purpose Contract
£12,692 - £12,719 per annum inclusive of Outer London Weighting, Scale 2
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex
Work Pattern: 8.20am - 3.20pm
Responsible to: Inclusion Leader and Class Teacher
Purpose of Role: To support a named child in KS1 to enable access to learning within the classroom. To differentiate activities and deliver a personalised curriculum.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise and support the named child ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- Assist with the development and implementation of an individual personalised curriculum.
- To undertake work and review targets set out in the child’s IEP in line with their ECHP.
- Establish constructive and professional relationships with the named child and his carers, act as a role model, and interact with them according to individual needs.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of the child.
- Encourage the named child to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher.
- To work alongside other professionals such as Speech and Language Therapist, Occupational Therapist and Educational Psychologist.
- To provide timely and relevant information to parents/carers and be responsive to information from home.
- To actively seek and listen to the views of the child about every aspect related to school life.
- To undertake any duties or training as required.
- To promote the school’s commitment to safeguarding by following all procedures and guidance.
- To demonstrate professionalism in all aspects and understand the importance of confidentiality.
CLOSING DATE: 28 September 2017 - NOON
INTERVIEW DATE: 02 October 2017
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a 1:1 task during the course of the interview. More information will be given to shortlisted candidates.
CVs will not be accepted
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.