Options Kinsale School require a dedicated Learning Support Assistant (SEN) to join our thriving Welsh Assembly-registered education service, based in Holywell, North Wales. Salary £15,056 - £17,090 per annum, depending on skills and experience. Our school is in within easy reach of Rhyl, Llandudno, Bangor, Wrexham, Flint, Prestatyn, Chester and surrounding towns.
Our school provides specialist education for up to 25 pupils, aged 8 – 19 having a range of complex needs including ASD, Asperger’s Syndrome and ADHD, in addition to impaired social or cognitive functioning due to early life trauma and attachment difficulties.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will work in class sizes of 6 or less and support a wide range of teaching strategies to engage and develop the progress of our learners. You will have a passion for working with young people and helping them to achieve their full potential.
This role is offered on an initial 9-month Fixed Term Contract (with possible extension) to cover Maternity Leave. Working full time, 8 am – 4 pm, Monday to Friday, term time only plus 5 inset days. Please note we are an independent school and therefore our school terms will differ from others in the local area.
As a Learning Support Assistant your day to day duties would involve:
- Working with the class teacher, assisting the children with their work and supporting with pupil behaviour
- Establishing good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and responding to individual needs
- Encouraging pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Helping to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
- Supporting pupil assessment through gathering and recording evidence
- Supporting pupils on off-site educational activities, including driving pupils to off-site locations
Key Skills Required:
- Experience of working with autistic spectrum disorders and/or challenging behaviour
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to adapt the support required to meet the needs of individual students to positively impact on progress in learning
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written including basic ICT skills
- Ability to deal with complex and challenging behaviour
- Ideally hold a valid UK driving licence
If you keen to join an established SEN school as a Learning Support Assistant, please apply immediately. In return, we offer a salary of £15,056 - £17,090 per annum, depending on skills and experience plus excellent company benefits.
Options Kinsale forms part Outcomes First Group who employ approx. 2000 staff at locations throughout the UK and provide a range of education and residential care services to children and adults with autism, complex needs, learning disabilities and social, emotional mental health difficulties.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.