UK Progressive School in West Sussex – needs a Learning Support Assistant for one child
Immediate Contract position starting on Monday 19th April 2021.
A little about our unique, revolutionary school:
• Project based learning for real world connection
• Wild Fridays! (Forest and beach school days every week)
• Self directed study opportunities for pupils
• Entrepreneurship programme
• Academic rigour and ambition for achievement through small group lessons.
Atelier 21 Future School is a new, dynamic school with a cross curricular - project based approach which blends enquiry-based learning with high aims for academic achievement, with self-directed studies, outdoor learning and Forest & Beach School, entrepreneurship and academic workshops to help young people develop the skills they need to compete and thrive in the 21st Century. Atelier 21 is a revolutionary approach to education which is fit for young people’s future rather than our past!
A gorgeous new little friend is due to start our school, aged 7, with moderate learning needs and they require a Learning Support Assistant to work with them on a one to one basis at school from 8.30-3.15pm Monday to Friday term time. You will support this child to access the education offered at school, join in with class activities, help make friends and navigate the day to day interactions they have with other children and staff. You will liaise with both parents and staff in regards to progress, learning goals and support strategies; and you will be teaching one to one too sometimes. This is initially a contract role rolling term to term, to start immediately after the Easter holidays. It is our intention for the role to convert to a permanent role within two terms.
Please only apply if you are available with the right experience from 19th April 2021.
Relevant experience needed for the role:
• Min 1 years’ experience of working with children and young people with autism and social communication needs - Essential
• Experience of working with girls with Autism – Desirable
• Knowledge or experience of emotional regulation programmes, such as ELSA etc. - Desirable
• Experience of managing challenging behaviour - Essential
• Commitment to the principles of positive behaviour approaches- Essential
• Physically and emotionally resilient in order to work with children with needs - Essential
Personal specifications for this role:
· Really, really likes children. Finds young people fun to be around, engaging, fascinating and good company. A natural ambassador of children’s rights.
· A strong desire to be part of the movement to reform education in the UK, with clear ideas of how you could make the school experience more relevant and meaningful for children.
· Aligned values to Atelier 21, which considers children as valued members of society, and competent and capable researchers, full of potential to build learning for themselves.
· Familiar or at least keen on working with a self-directed learning and project-based approach, which fosters independent thinking and collaboration skills between learners.
· Experience of, or strong interest in The Learning Power Approach (Guy Claxton’s work).
· Excellent communication skills with a growth mindset. Able to give and receive feedback constructively. A great collaborator and strong team player.
· A creatively thinking person with an abundance of ideas and a confident, can-do attitude!
· Highly resilient and comfortable with change, you relish the idea of being a key player in a pioneering, evolving ‘first of its kind’ school, where you can collaborate to create an exceptional experience for children.
· Particular specialisms or extra skills are an advantage, but not necessary for the role.
Application deadline: Thursday 8th April 2021
Salary circa £12 per hour rolling term to term contract initially with a view to convert to a full time, permanent position.
Atelier 21 is committed to safeguarding pupils and all successful offers will be subject to DBS and reference vetting.
To learn more about Atelier 21 Future School please go to our website www.atelier21schools.co.uk
Atelier 21 Future School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 14 years