Are you passionate about making a difference to autistic young adults in an educational setting?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to make a difference in the lives of young autistic adults each day.
Who are Ambitious College?
Ambitious College is part of Ambitious about Autism, the national charity for autistic children and young adults. We currently have two college campuses in North and West London providing services and support to young adults. We are very proud of the work that we do and all of our learners' achievements. We are an Ofsted ‘Good' provision and received the Natspec Award in 2020 for ‘Wellbeing & Mental Health' as well as the Natspec ‘Home Learning' award 2021. We are proud to say that we continued to support our learners and their families throughout the pandemic. We continue to ensure our learners and staff have the resources and support needed to continue delivering an outstanding service.
What would you be doing as the Learning & Behaviour Specialist?
- You will be given all the training & resources needed so that your focus is ensuring the young person you are working with is able to achieve their goals and aspirations.
- A substantial part of our learners curriculum is community access, where you will lead and manage fun and educational activities outside of the college day to day.
- You will be valued as an expert within your field of work and allowed the creative space to deliver person centered lesson plans as appropriate.
- You will be able to use your initiative when working with learners to adapt to new approaches that ensure positive outcomes for the learner.
- If you are empathetic, caring and dedicated to putting our young adults at the heart of what you do every day then we want to hear from you.
What do you get in return?
- The chance to make a real difference to a young person's life.
- To collaborate and work with leading experts in the autism and learning disability field.
- A wide range of CPD opportunities to give you the chance to explore different career pathways.
- Excellent wellbeing programmes.
We are also able to provide you with additional benefits including season ticket loans and discounts, physiotherapy for all staff, Employee Assistance and annual recognition awards.
Closing Date: Friday 3rd September, 12 noon.
Interview Dates: Monday 6th, Tuesday 7th, Wednesday 8th and Monday 13th September 2021.
For more information about this role, please contact 0208 142 3845
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Ambitious about Autism
South Tottenham, North London
We are Ambitious - We value difference - We are open - We are team players - We are experts
We are the national charity for children and young people with autism. We provide services, raise awareness and understanding, and campaign for change.