Learning Support Assistant
Job type- Full time permanent
Salary - £19,217
Hours- 37 hours per week
Do you want to make a difference to young people’s lives, inspiring them to achieve and realise their true potential? If so, then join Nacro at our Bluebird house, who educate, nurture and transfer lives.
Who we are looking for?
We are in search of a Learning Support Assistant to join our Bluebird House to work with tutors in the purpose built Learning & Therapy Centre making sure the young people get the most out of their lessons. Bluebird House is a specialist, secure mental health inpatient unit, which provides assessment, treatment and care for young people.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· To assist Learning & Skills Tutors in class, working with a named individual or individuals.
· To assist the Enrichment/PDL Co-ordinator with the delivery of the Enrichment /PDL programme.
· To work with young people who need support with study on a one to one basis and in small group provision.
· Establish constructive relationships with students and interact with them according to individual needs.
· Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students.
· Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence.
Please note it is essential that the successful applicant has the ability and willingness to take full part in all aspects of PRISS (physical restraint, training provided)
For a full job description and person specification please click here
A DBS check will be required for this role.
Please apply online