Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park is a primary academy for local children. Our belief is that children thrive when they are consistently happy and safe at school. Whatever a child’s background or starting point, we want to make sure that they finish Year 6 with the academic skills, social skills and knowledge necessary to succeed. Every lesson at our school is creative and there is plenty of time for children to think, to play, to discover and wonder. In addition, parents have the option to start their children in Harris Peckham Park Nursery from the age of 3.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Learning Support Assistant to join our friendly and talented team at Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park.
What we are looking for:
- At least two years' experience of working in a school or educational establishment, including working with SEND pupils in a specialist or mainstream setting
- The ability to respond calmly to behaviours SEND pupils may display as a result of their needs
- An in-depth understanding of areas of learning, including the principles of student development and learning processes
- Well developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive, collaborative relationships with staff, students and external agencies
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park?
- The opportunity to help lay the foundations to build a safe, nurturing and inspiring environment, helping all children make the best start to their academic journey
- The opportunity to help children thrive and have a happy and safe primary school experience
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
For more information, please contact Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park on 020 7639 6091 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.