CORE Education Trust is inspired and guided by its 4 CORE values of Collaboration; Opportunity; Respect and Excellence. The Trust is led by some of Birmingham's leading educational and business leaders.
Are you a positive, dynamic Welfare Officer looking to make a difference? City Academy Birmingham is looking to recruit a Welfare Officer to join its dynamic, committed team. Ideally you will hold a full clean driving licence however this isn’t essential.
City Academy Birmingham are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS certificate.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities
1. Provide mentoring for students with a focus on emotional, physical, and social well-being.
2. Coordinate the whole school mentoring programme.
3. Coordinate intervention sessions/programmes to students’ well-being.
4. Liaise with external agencies to support students.
5. Maintain the medical records of students and ensure staff can access all relevant information.
6. Issue medication as needed.
7. Administer first-aid as needed.
8. Support the DSL and Welfare Manager in managing disclosures.
9. Support the DSL and Welfare Manager in managing child protection cases.
10. Conduct home visits when necessary.
11. Such other duties as may be appropriate to achieve the objectives of the post or to assist the academy in the fulfilment of its objectives commensurate with the post holder’s salary grade, abilities and aptitudes.
12. Provide children with a high quality educational experience realised through a collective commitment to its four CORE Values (collaboration, opportunity, respect, and excellence).
For an informal discussion please contact Miss J Breakwell on 0121 729 7100
The successful candidate will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Please note we do not accept CV’s.
CORE Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer.