Glyn School, an 'Outstanding' comprehensive secondary, is looking to appoint Learning Support Assistants to help students with further SEND needs.
We are interested in hearing from all candidates, no matter what point in your career you are currently at, and welcome flexible working arrangements.
Start date: September 2019
Contract type: Permanent, Term-time only
Working hours: Part-time, between 20-30 hours per week (to be discussed during the interview process), 39 weeks per year
Pay scale: GLF Support Staff (Fringe), G3/4
Pay range (working full-time): £16,497 - £19,974
Pay range (working part-time): To be determined based on actual number of hours worked per week
SEND department at Glyn School:
Glyn School’s SEND department plays an important role throughout the school. We are an enthusiastic and supportive department, who are committed to providing high quality teaching and support to our students.
We are looking to appoint additional Learning Support Assistants to support students across all key stages in their learning. Prospective colleagues will be able to successfully support students from a range of backgrounds, with a variety of needs. Working alongside classroom teachers, you will provide in-class support, out of class monitoring for students, and enable them to overcome potential barriers to learning. At Glyn, we have a strong focus on high aspirations and on improving outcomes for young people. Our dynamic and dedicated LSA team is a core element of this drive and ethos.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be an excellent and creative SEND practitioner.
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
- Be passionate about the students’ learning and welfare.
- Be keen to be part of the wider school community, participating in extra-curricular clubs.
- Experience of studying Mathematics, Science or English at A Level would be an advantage.
We can offer you:
- An environment where the focus is on high quality learning and teaching.
- An opportunity to contribute and grow in a well-resourced and highly successful department.
- Exceptional CPD opportunities through our tailored CPD programme.
- An opportunity to work collaboratively with leaders across the wider GLF MAT.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview as soon as applications are received. GLF reserves the right to invite candidates for interview ahead of the closing date and withdraw this vacancy at any time if there is a good level of response. We would therefore recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, are happy to discuss flexible working options.