NJC 8-15 (£19,945 - £22,911)
37.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Inspire their remarkable with us
Wishmore Cross Academy, part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), is a residential special school in Chobham, Surrey, for boys aged 9 to 16 years who have social, emotional and mental health difficulties. We can admit up to 70 students which means that class sizes are small and we work very closely with our students to ensure they get the most out of each day with us.
We provide a highly effective and individual package of education, care and pastoral support to young people who may have had only negative experiences of school. A safe, caring environment supported by high levels of staffing ensures each pupil has the opportunity to make progress and achieve their full potential.
We are looking for a passionate, motivated and dedicated Learning Support Assistant to work in partnership with teaching and other educational support staff. You will provide learning support and work within small groups and as directed by teaching staff within a structured teaching situation.
- You will have a good standard of education and will have experience of working with children in a school environment.
- Some knowledge of specific learning difficulties and a variety of strategies to support children would be an advantage.
- We would particularly like to hear from graduates looking for work experience prior to teacher training but more experienced candidates are also warmly welcomed
We always enjoy visits so do come and see what makes Wishmore Cross so special! Call the office on 01276 857555 to arrange a time to pop in.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Friday 27 March 2020
Interviews: Wednesday 1 April 2020
Start Date: Monday 20 April 2020
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. To apply, please click on the 'Quick Apply' button.
Each of the academies within the AET is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET are currently recruiting for School Direct Placements, please visit our website http://aetnationalteachingschoolalliance.org/ for further details.