An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated, experienced Learning Support Assistant.
You will provide teacher and pupil support to enable pupils to access all areas of the school curriculum and enhance pupil achievement. You will assist in a range of support activities in relation to individuals’ needs, safeguarding, care, health and wellbeing of the pupils to ensure a safe and secure environment.
You will be part of a team that provides a wide range of support services to learners who have Emotional Behavioural, Autistic Spectrum Disorders and/or Visual Impairments. The ideal candidate will be required to work under the guidance of the Head of Learning Support using the strategies recommended in the Personal Support Plan.
We are looking for:
- A dedicated, hardworking professional to provide additional support to SEND pupils in the Prep school.
- Someone with experience of working with pupils with ASD and ADHD and/or Visual Impairments.
- Knowledge of ABA would be an advantage.
- An individual with high personal integrity and professionalism.
- Patience with a flexible approach and positive attitude.
- A respect for the school’s ethos, aims and values.
- An excellent working environment with good resources
- Supportive colleagues and community
Duties will include liaising with teaching staff, outside agencies, parents/carers and schools. You are required to have a flexible and professional approach to your work, possessing sound interpersonal and communication. You will need the ability to work as part of a team whilst demonstrating that you can use your own initiative to work independently, without close supervision.
We are looking to fill a few roles. This post is a flexible contract to support specific learners attending the school and if the support hours for these learners reduce, or the learner leaves the school the contract hours will also be reduced or ended. These posts will either be supported by the Local Authority or directly by parents and may be part or full-time.
Newland House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).