Smart Teachers is recruiting for a compassionate Learning Support Assistant to join a non-denominational, non-selective all through academy in Wembley, North West London. The successful Learning Support Assistant will join the school as soon as possible, on a full time long term contract until the end of the academic year. There is also potential for the Learning Support Assistant to be offered a permanent position.
About the Role
- Learning Support Assistant to assist in a class with EHCP students and to run small intervention groups to boost student’s numeracy and literacy
- Immediate Start, full time long term post with the potential to go permanent
- Daily rate from £65
- Working alongside the teacher to assess pupils needs
About the School
- Secondary school in Wembley
- Non-denominational, no-selective all through Academy
- Excellent professional development and guidance for all staff at all stages of their careers
- Strong commitment to raising standards
- Welcoming close knit community feel
- Proactive and collaborative leadership team
- Excellent transport links that are easily accessible
In order to be considered for this role, the Learning Support Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
- Recent experience as a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) in the UK is essential
- Knowledge of PECS, TEACCH or SCERTS (desirable)
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Ongoing CPD workshops including Phonics, EAL, Behaviour Management, Child Safeguarding, and SEND
- Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number AXC42479.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.