LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT
January 2020, or sooner
( dependent on experience and qualifications)
New Barn School is an exciting new development in special needs education. The school offers state of the art facilities in a purpose built environment and is set in the beautiful West Sussex countryside. The school provides excellent educational and residential provision for children and young people with Autism and associated difficulties. The staff team at New Barn School are committed to creating a learning culture that enable the best possible outcomes for its pupils.
We are looking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and nurturing learning support assistant to join the dedicated team at New Barn. This role involves supporting the educational and social development of pupils with Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Social Communication Difficulties and sometimes challenging behaviour.
This post is term time only, Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week.
The successful applicant will have:
• Minimum Level 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification
• Experience of working with children with special educational needs
• A passion for learning
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
• Ability to motivate, engage and enthuse children
• Experience of working with children who display challenging behaviour
The school can offer:
• A happy, busy school with a shared vision
• Training opportunities for continued professional development
• A supportive teaching environment with friendly staff
• Contributory pension scheme
• Regular team meetings
• Subsidised lunches with pupils
Treehouse Educare are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be requested for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.
Treehouse Educare is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.