The main purpose of the role is to provide learning support for students with disabilities and learning difficulties and to provide administrative support for Learning Support staff and students.
Below gives a sense of the range of responsibilities involved in the role but is not exhaustive.
• To provide classroom support for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
• To provide one to one support in and out of the classroom and the Study Support room.
• To provide ‘drop-in’ support for students who may need extra support (sometimes physical) in order for them to complete work.
• To liaise closely with teaching staff in and out of the classroom to plan the support of students.
• To support students in Additional Support sessions.
• To support students on external visits.
*To administer all special needs files – record interviews, telephone calls, enquiries, collect statements, medical information etc. To assist in the writing of Individual Student Support Plans and their reviews.
*To help to administer screening and diagnostic testing.
*To attend College Open Evenings if required.
Recruitment and Initial Assessment
*To assist in the process of student recruitment and initial assessments.
*To undertake any other appropriate tasks the Line Manager or Principal may reasonably require.
The position is ideal for any individual who wants to work in an innovative and supportive work place where no two days are the same and where your day to day work is highly rewarding. Whilst the role has prescribed hours, Monday to Friday, there will be times when flexibility will be required to work outside of these hours when urgent matters arise and at arranged events that occur outside of the College day (this time can be claimed back)