We are recruiting for enthusiastic and dedicated Learning Support Assistants to support children in Key Stage 1
32.5 hours per week, term time only plus 5 Inset days, 8.30am – 3.30pm Monday to Friday
1 x Permanent contract starting Monday 3rd September 2018
1 x Temporary contract, initially for the Autumn Term, starting Monday 3rd September 2018
Wheatfield is a new and growing school. We add a year group each September and are seeking talented individuals who share our vision of high aspirations, achievement and passion for learning. We plan and tailor learning for each child, providing full access to the curriculum.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience in delivering agreed learning programmes and interventions.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the ability and skills to:
• develop positive relationships with children to enhance their learning and social skills
• explain tasks simply and clearly
• provide appropriate levels of attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks
• positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children
• work collaboratively with staff; both at school level and within the GLF community of schools
We can offer you:
• a highly supportive, friendly team and a rewarding work environment
• well behaved, enthusiastic and motivated children
• excellent professional development opportunities to support your career pathway
• the opportunity to be part of a collaborative environment within GLF Schools
Applicants are encouraged to visit our school; please contact the school office, telephone 0118-989-6950.
Closing date: Sunday 15th July
Interviews: Friday 20th July 2018
Start date: September 2018
Pro rata salary is £12,695 pa based on £16,497 FTE
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we support applications from educators from diverse backgrounds seeking flexible working opportunities. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.