West Midlands UTC is looking for inspirational staff to help shape an innovative approach to education.
The University Technical College (UTC) helps to create the innovators, designers, architects and construction professionals of the future. West Midlands UTC is situated in a brand new, purpose-built building in Wolverhampton city centre at our Springfield Campus. The UTC buildings form the first stage of the £100 million regeneration of the Springfield Campus led by the University of Wolverhampton to form a national centre of excellence for Architecture and the Built Environment.
We are delighted that our recent Ofsted (June 2018) recognised all that we do and found us to be a Good school with Outstanding features.
We are seeking to appoint a well organised, skilled and professional person to support students within the School. If you are passionate about young people, enjoy variety in your role and thrive on working in a busy environment this is a great opportunity for you. The successful candidate should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, relate well to young people and possess Maths and English GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent).
Working as part of a team is a crucial aspect of the role within many different departments, so you must have a flexible attitude to react to different situations throughout the school day and the ability to use your own initiative within the learning environment.
• Able to work flexibly and on your own initiative?
• An effective communicator with a friendly and helpful disposition?
• A professional who can work calmly under pressure?
• Committed to helping children achieve and enjoy their school experience?
• Keen to be an active member of an exciting new school community?
• To assist in the education, supervision and welfare of students in the classes you are assigned to and around the school
• To create a positive atmosphere and professional impression that reflects our core values and ethos
• To assist with lesson cover for teacher absence when required
• Working in a small highly motivated team of colleagues
• The opportunity to gain further experience and career progression as the intake grows and our infrastructure expands.
• Working in collaboration with Thomas Telford MAT
• Close links with the University of Wolverhampton
Find out more
As well as exploring our website and taking a ‘virtual tour’ you might like to arrange to visit the UTC where you will have the chance to meet with the Assistant Vice Principal, Pip Shaw, and other members of the team to discuss the position. If you would like to arrange this or to speak to Pip directly please call 01902 872180 and speak to Jayne Round.
This is a permanent position, term time only starting September 2019. To apply please complete our application form.
T: 01902 872180
Deadline for applications: 17th June 2019
Interviews to be held: w/c 24th June 2019
The UTC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the UTC.