SINGLETON St Catherine's Catholic College
Vacancy TypePermanent Full Time
St Catherine's Catholic College, Singleton is currently seeking a Permanent Full-time Learning Support Coordinator.
The Learning Support Coordinator works in collaboration with the school leadership team and has particular responsibility for the management of programs and processes to support students with additional needs (in consultation and collaboration with relevant school and CSO personnel), supporting the development of inclusive learning environments, providing assistance to teachers with adjustments and curriculum differentiation to meet the specific learning needs of students with additional needs, supervising the work of personnel in the Learning Support Faculty, assisting in professional learning needs with regard to Learning Support.
The Learning Support Coordinator is responsible to the Principal.
• A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education;
• An understanding of the unique opportunities and challenges of being a staff member in a foundation school;
• Coordinate the initial identification and ongoing support of students with disabilities and additional needs;
• Coordinate the preparation of funding submissions inclusive of facilitation of Personalised Planning (PP) meetings and collaboratively designing, supporting the implementation of, reviewing, and evaluating PPs with all key stakeholders;
• Liaise with primary schools and other secondary schools, particularly in transition periods;
• Work collaboratively with personnel in the Learning Support Faculty, inclusive of the permanent incumbent and the Learning Support Assistants. This may also include supervision of staff responsible for students identified as EALD (English as an additional language or dialect) and Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander;
• Work collaboratively to develop appropriate assessment and reporting strategies, identify resources and implement effective strategies to create learning and social opportunities for students with additional needs;
• Facilitate Referral and Assessment procedures with Catholic Schools Office Student Support Staff after consultation with key stakeholders;
• Managing, in collaboration with the Principal and Learning Support Team, the distribution of resources for students with additional needs.
• Experience and/or qualifications in Special Education or commitment to undertake training;
• Teaching experience in a Primary or Secondary School;
• Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
• Qualifications as a four-year trained teacher;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training;
• Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
• Current Accreditation at Category B – Accreditation to Teach (Teaching staff who do not teach Religion) or working towards this accreditation.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017. The position attracts an allowance at the level of Coordinator 1.
Friday 21 February, 2020
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Catherine's Catholic College
30-40 Combo Lane
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Niamh Marzol: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 3.00PM Friday 21st February, 2020.
*Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*