OneSchool Global UK is part of the One School Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning.
Due to stable growth, our small and friendly team at our Colchester Campus are looking to recruit a caring, experienced and well qualified Learning Support Coordinator on a full time, permanent basis, to support our students across all Key Stages. You will be responsible for the line management, training and deployment of learning support staff and communication with campus colleagues and parents regarding the needs of students.
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education, pay meticulous attention to detail and who wish to maintain our environment to the highest standard. Our goal is to become a leading-edge school in every aspect.
N.B. Visits prior to application are warmly welcomed so you can come and see for yourself what makes OneSchool Global UK such a special and unique place to work.
• Operational responsibility for the day to day running of Learning Support across the school
• Assess the needs of pupils and use detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support pupils’ learning. This includes assessing access arrangements for public exams.
• Maintain the SEN register in accordance with the Learning Support Policy.
• Identify students and appropriate intervention for identified students.
• Lead a team of Learning Support Assistants in the planning, delivering, evaluation and review of the Learning Support.
• Ensure communication between teachers and parents is highly effective in meeting students’ needs and bridging support strategies between school and home
• Have an understanding of relevant curriculum areas and reinforce the learning objectives as required
• Prepare for, chair and follow up annual reviews for pupils with a statement or Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
• Make sure all evidence of progress against EHCP targets is detailed, accurate and demonstrates the impact upon the student’s outcomes
• Deliver training as required, to support teaching and learning for students with learning support needs.
• Uphold and promulgate the OneSchool Global ethos within all areas of responsibility
• Have considerable experience (at least 3 years) of working to support children’s learning
• Have an understanding of special educational needs as defined in the SEN Code of Practise
• Ideally be educated to degree level or similar
• Ideally be working towards the NASENCo Qualification
• Be sensitive to the needs of children
• Be trustworthy and discreet maintaining confidentiality
• Be able to establish clear boundaries
• Be a positive role model of professional practice and conduct of others
• Respect and promote the schools Ethos and Values
• Supportive staff, Trustees and an involved community who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• Professional support from OneSchool Global UK to continually progress and develop your career with through our unique Teacher Training Academy - equivalent to 100 hours per academic year
For more information about OneSchool Global UK or specific information relating to our Campus please visit http://www.oneschoolglobal.com or follow us on LinkedIn at OneSchool Global UK.
To arrange a visit please call the campus directly on 01206 264 230. For an informal discussion please contact Melissa Podlaski on 0330 055 5600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: 12pm on Thursday 4th September 2019
Interviews will be held: TBC
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
OneSchool Global UK Colchester Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Charity No. 1066592