- Number on roll: 158
- Maternity Cover
- 32.5 hours per week, term time plus training days
St Anne’s School and Sixth Form College caters for pupils with severe learning difficulties and complex needs aged 2-19 years. The school is classed as a day school with residential provision and has been categorised by OFSTED as ‘Outstanding’ both in the school and the residence.
Required at the earliest opportunity to cover a period of maternity leave. This post may work in both the School and Sixth Form College, although it is anticipated you will work within the Communication Base in our Lower School. The exact work will depend on the age of the children and their individual needs but will include:
- Preparing learning materials under the supervision of the teacher
- Working inside and outside of the classroom with individuals or groups. Outside classroom activities include but are not limited to swimming, horse-riding, shopping, water activities and supporting work placements
- Providing cover in the absence of the classroom teacher
- Assisting in planning, organising and leading offsite visits
- Leading and supporting the work of a team of Learning Support staff
- Creating a stimulating environment to promote learning
- Giving information and help to teachers
- Keeping records, both manual and electronic
- Assisting with personal care, including for example changing nappies and pads (potentially across all age groups) and toileting
You should have experience of working with children/young people with learning difficulties and challenging behaviour and also have an NVQ/Diploma Level 3 (or equivalent higher level study) in Specialist Support for Teaching & Learning in Schools/Class Assistance or related subject.
You need to have good numeracy, literacy (GCSE level or equivalent) and ICT skills and be committed to promoting positive values across the school. In addition you will have a confident and positive approach to behaviour management. A first aid at work qualification would be desirable.
Please note whilst mechanical aids are used where practically possible there is an element of manual handling involved in this role.
Appointments will be subject to satisfactory checks at enhanced level by the Disclosure and Barring Services and other background checks. The School will meet the cost of the Disclosure & Barring Service check, however should you withdraw your application once this is in process you will be required to reimburse this expense to the School.
For further information about St Anne’s School and Sixth Form College please visit the school website: www.stannes-eastriding.co.uk.
If you are interested in applying and meet all the essential criteria detailed on the person specification we would encourage you to visit St Anne’s School and Sixth Form College. A visit can be arranged by contacting the school office, tel (01482) 667379.
Application pack available at https://bit.ly/2kfhmxf
Post Ref: SASC002178
Closing Date: Midnight on Tuesday 17 September 2019
Interview Date: Tuesday 24 September 2019