Manchester Communication Academy serves the community of Harpurhey and its surrounding districts. We are an 11-16 secondary school with a primary school also on site. Close collaboration between the two schools is fundamental to our way of working.
Not only is the Academy committed to offering our students the highest quality learning experience but the Social Investment Department is dedicated to offering opportunities and support to our local families and wider community. Together, our driving force is to mitigate the impact of disadvantage and ensuring that the young people that we serve are equipped and ready to be successful and happy adults who we are proud to know.
Everyone at MCA shares these same values and this is important to us. If you share these values too, then we would love to hear from you!
Why work at MCA
Manchester Communication Academy is fully committed to its ethos with you…for you…about you…Not just for our students but also for all of our staff.
We offer the following:
- Trust, Respect, Honesty and Kindness.
- Excellent career progression routes through a talent management strategy for those who are ambitious and keen to develop.
- We have a half day on a Friday with an hour's training from 1 to 2pm with a variety of teaching and learning communities to participate in.
- A staff well-being group who meet regularly to discuss workload and work-life balance and organise wellbeing and social events.
- Staff can take one 'flexi day' holiday per year
The key qualities we seek are those that demonstrate vision, the ability to work well within a team and to have a flexible approach. In addition to this, a commitment to inclusive education and community cohesion is vital.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
· To monitor and support student behaviour, attendance and challenge under-performance
· To identify and manage appropriate sanctions and rewards in place to support students
· To work within the Internal Exclusion provision, ensuring a constant and pro-active approach at all times
Your supporting statement should be no more than 2 side of A4, font size 11 and should reference how you meet the criteria on the Job Description/Person Specification.
This role is 37.5 hours per week and term time only.
Closing date for application: midnight 17th October 2018
Manchester Communication Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure for a Regulated Activity via the Disclosure and Barring Service.