The German Swiss International School (GSIS) is one of Hong Kong's leading international schools with 240 faculty and staff providing quality, holistic education to a multinational student body of approximately 1250 students. The school is organised into two Streams, German and English leading to qualifications in the German International Abitur and I/GCSE & IBDP respectively. We are inviting applications from experienced and qualified candidates for the following position commencing in August 2021 or earlier as mutually agreed.
• Meeting students individually and in small groups to provide support
• Collaborating with teachers in developing support and intervention strategies
• In-class support
• Developing individual learning plans
• Working closely with Heads of Year and class teachers
• Managing cases and advocating for recommendations on educational assessments
What is required and what we’re looking for
• Teacher qualification
• 3 years teaching experience preferred
• Excellent English speaker with sound written and oral communication skills (native speaker level)
• Demonstrable knowledge of a range of learning challenges including ADHD and executive functioning challenges
• Experience of integrating wellbeing and positive psychology strategies
• Experience in working collaboratively with a team
• Ability to lead team meetings about students focusing on strategic outcomes
• Culturally sensitive, tolerant and patient
• Positive work ethic and proactive
• Experience of, or knowledge of, the IB Diploma Programme
• Experience in an international context is desirable.
What we offer
GSIS offers an excellent working environment in an international school within a dynamic community. We welcome candidates who show a commitment to continuous professional development and are willing to contribute to wider school activities.
Previous applicants need not re-apply.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume via the GSIS online recruitment portal (https://www.gsis.edu.hk/careers/job-openings/ ) to the Director of Human Resources.
Further information on the school, its facilities and programmes is available on the school’s website https://www.gsis.edu.hk/ .
Applicants not invited for interview after six weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
GSIS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Full background checks will be conducted to safeguard all students at GSIS.
German Swiss International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years