Pymble Ladies’ College is a school of the Uniting Church in Australia for girls Kindergarten to Year 12 with boarding from Year 7. The College is committed to creating a personalised learning environment for every Pymble girl that is universally acknowledged for its outstanding quality and exceptional opportunities. One of the key elements of our strategic plan Towards 2020: Striving for the highest is the development of a high performance and learning culture to enable the delivery of an excellent education.
The College is seeking an experienced and qualified Learning Support Teacher supporting both numeracy and literacy to join the Junior School (Years 3 – 6) with a sound knowledge of current theory and practice in Special Education. This is a permanent, part-time (0.8 FTE) role to commence from Term 2, 2019.
• Have qualifications in Special Education
• Have experience working in a Junior School/College
• Understand the academic and pastoral needs of students as these relate to the learning outcomes of students and be willing to liaise closely with key academic and pastoral staff
• Have well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
• Have the ability to demonstrate professionalism and discretion at all times in relation to confidential matters
• Have experience and interest in the use of I.T in working with students with learning needs
• Have a strong understanding of the application of technology to enhance learning
• Be a reflective professional engaged in ongoing development and research in relation to your practice
• Be committed to supporting student wellbeing
• Have demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
• Be willing to actively participate in the College’s coaching program and culture
• Possess the ability to demonstrate professional conduct and discretion at all times.
To learn more about this position, the calibre of person we are seeking to appoint and what makes Pymble an excellent place to work click ‘APPLY’ to go to the College website.
Applications close 3.00 pm Friday 26 April 2019.
Candidates must comply with the NSW Teacher Accreditation Act and provide a Working with Children Check.
Pymble Ladies' College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.