We are seeking an enthusiastic, Learning Support teacher to join our school community and teach year 7 Art, year 8 Religion, year 9 Mathematics, and Learning Support.
The successful applicant will work in collaboration with parents and teachers, to support students across the full range of abilities and needs. Implementing inclusive and effective teaching and learning strategies to engage and improve educational outcomes of supported students.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate:
• Comprehensive knowledge of the Australian Curriculum and inclusive education practices
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• An understanding of the NCCD process
• An ability to deliver a range of mapping and planning functions to support inclusive education
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Support the liturgical and prayer life of the school
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff
• Attend homework club after school on Thursdays to assist students with homework and assignments
• Contribute to the School community through involvement in Co-curricular activities
• Be competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment
Applicants are required to address these points in the "Letter of Application" section of the on-line application form.
Marymount College is an exceptional coeducational secondary College with a strong faculty culture, a commitment to adolescent learners and to life-giving learning for all. The College serves the southern Gold Coast and has a predicted enrolment of approximately 1370 students in 2021, a solid reputation for holistic Catholic education and a proud record, academically, in the arts and in sport. It is located at Burleigh Waters, 3 kms from Burleigh Heads. We embrace the person and vision of Jesus, and the example of Mary and St Francis, as we encourage all to respond to the creative presence of God in the spiritual, pastoral and social dimensions of their life.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing March 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2021 School year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Lauren Mitchell
Contact Telephone Number: 07 5586 1000
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 24-Feb-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education