STOCKTON St Peter's Primary School
Vacancy TypeTemporary Part Time
The Learning Support Teacher will have responsibility for the management of special needs focus programs, inclusive of gifted and talented, assistance to teachers with curriculum differentiation, supervision of support personnel as appropriate; and be able to assist schools in their professional development needs.
The Learning Support Teacher is responsible to the Principal.
• A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education.
• Assisting with the initial identification of students with special educational needs;
• Working collaboratively with the principal, class teachers, parents and students to develop appropriate assessment strategies, identify resources and implement effective strategies to create learning and social opportunities for students with special education needs;
• Liaising with the relevant schools particularly in relation to transition periods;
• Collaboratively designing, implementing, modifying and evaluating individual Education Programs (IEPs) with class teachers and other relevant people;
• Facilitating referral and assessment procedures with Catholic Schools Office Student Support staff after consultation with the principal, teachers and parents;
• Liaising with outside agencies after consultation with the principal, teachers and parents;
• Working collaboratively with and overseeing the work of other learning support personnel;
• Contributing to the preparation of documentation required under legislation in line with privacy and confidentiality obligations, for example, student files;
• Assisting in the preparation of funding submissions;
• Managing the school's special education resources;
• Contributing to the provision of staff professional development and parent education programs.
The applicant must:
• have the appropriate experience and/or qualifications in Special Education.
• be appropriately qualified as four year trained teacher
• have had teaching experience in a Primary School.
• record current NESA and Working With Children number on application as well as Date of Birth
• evidence of completion of Anaphylaxis training certificate must be supplied.
Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Friday 06 December, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Peter's Primary School
PO Box 78
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae should address the criteria as outlined above and include the contact details of your parish priest as well as after hour contacts for other referees.
The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese.
Please email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org and will be received at the school up to 3.00pm on the closing date.