Smart Teachers Australia is recruiting for a Learning Support Teacher at an independent, co-educational, Jewish day school located on a heritage-listed campus in Randwick- an eastern suburb of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. This academically reputable school caters to students from Nursery to Year 12. The school offers an excellent teaching and learning environment and holds strong ties to the local community. There is a possibility the role will be become permanent for the right candidate.
About the Role:
- Job Reference #: TES158351SM
- Learning Support Teacher
- Teaching years 7-12 students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities
- Location: Eastern Suburbs, Sydney, NSW
- January start, 2017
- Possibility of becoming permanent
About the School:
Experience working at a prestigious independent school
Opportunities for professional development
Strong sense of community
Our client school is located in the suburb of Randwick, which is in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, 3.7 miles from the CBD. With 18 miles of beach (including Coogee and Maroubra beaches) on one side and the expansive Centennial Park on the other, Randwick is one of the most visited tourist areas outside central Sydney. Randwick has set itself up to cater to the varying educational and medical institutions within its bounds. It is a hive of activity that is centred on medical and academic institutions and come autumn and springtime, the Royal Randwick Racecourse is a buzz. When the sun is out, locals converge on Centennial and Queens Park or roll down the hill to neighbouring beaches. It has a sprinkling of night time destinations, including The Ritz Cinema holding centre stage with cafés, restaurants and wine bars.
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Minimum qualifications – Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
- Eligible to work in Australia (must have valid visa)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Specific tertiary qualifications and experience in the areas of Learning Difficulties, (particularly Dyslexia), ADHD, Autism Spectrum and auditory and visual difficulties and differences
- Have experience differentiating curriculum and related assessments to meet students’ needs
- Experience and knowledge of working with students in small groups and one-on-one
- Experience in working with students who are both gifted &/or talented and have a learning difficulty
- Be registered or be eligible for the NSW Board of Studies Teaching and Educational Standards (BOSTES) Institution
- Be registered or be eligible for the Working With Children Check registration (WWCC)
- Provide a minimum of three professional references
The Benefits of Working with SMART:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. Our candidates remain exclusive to one consultant. We are honest, realistic, and above all we will not waste your time.
Interested in Applying?
In order to apply for this full-time Learning Support teacher role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org via email, with a copy of your CV quoting Job Reference # TES158351SM. Due to the high volume of responses for this role, only suitable candidates will be contacted. Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates applying through Smart Teachers will need to meet all compliance requirements. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.
Please note that your details will not be sent to any school without your consent for any referees listed on your CV contacted without your permission.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and conditions apply).