It is an exciting time at Becket Keys Church of England School. With an ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted judgement achieved in our first (2014) inspection, we are working hard to ensure our first GCSE cohort get their best possible results in 2017, whilst planning the opening of our 6th Form (Sept 2017). Our students are passionate about their school and staff will tell you that this is an exciting and exceptional place to work.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to support a Year 7 student during his transition to Becket Keys. Experience of supporting students with ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder) would be advantageous but this is not essential as training will be provided.
The role will involve supporting the student in lessons across the curriculum and, if necessary, during unstructured times of the day. You will be expected to develop and prepare differentiated learning materials under the direction of the class teacher and SENDCo and to carry out general Teaching Assistant responsibilities.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your skills in working with children with ASD.
The successful candidate will:
· GCSE or equivalent English, Mathematics and Science Grade C or above.
· Be hard working and a great team player, with good interpersonal skills.
· Be articulate and committed to high academic standards for all children, including those with SEND.
· Be motivated and able to work as part of a team, or on your own initiative.
· Be kind, caring and have a patient personality, and be keen to take on additional responsibilities as they arise.
· Be keen to take on additional responsibilities as they arise.
· Be supportive of the Christian ethos of the school.
The school is committed to safe recruitment and the post will be subject to an enhanced CRB check.
Closing date: Wednesday 2nd August
Interview Date: WC 7th August
Further information is available from the head teacher’s PA: Ms. Emer McNeela – School Office 01277 286600 or email@example.com