Title: Learning Technologist
Salary: Up to £25,275.49
Closing Date: Monday 11th November 2019
Interview Date: Monday 25th November 2019
Nelson and Colne College is an Ofsted Outstanding College with an excellent reputation. In November 2018, Nelson and Colne College, incorporating Lancashire Adult Learning, completed a successful merger with Accrington and Rossendale College to form the Nelson & Colne College Group and create a combined force for greater opportunities.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic, competent and highly motivated Learning Technologist to join our Quality team on a full time permanent basis, working 37 hours per week. The role will be based at our Accrington & Rossendale College site in Accrington but multi-site working will be required on a regular basis.
Reporting into the College’s Quality Improvement Lead, the successful candidate will contribute to the delivery of the Be Phenomenal professional development programme by Providing advice, guidance, encouragement and support on the use of technology across the Nelson & Colne College Group.
This post may suit a candidate who is currently studying for, or considering studying for a teaching qualification, as the College would support the achievement of this.
Main duties include:
• Develop resources to support teachers embed E-learning, both in the classroom and beyond, through blended learning.
• Maintain knowledge of developments within the field of learning technology and actively seek to keep up to date with learning technologies innovation and practice.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of the College’s E-Learning Strategy.
• Contribute to research activities based on collaborative projects with colleagues and other providers.
• Work closely with other College teams, in particular the IT Team to assist in the procurement and introduction of new learning technologies that are appropriate for the different teaching and learning settings.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Current knowledge and understanding of information learning technologies.
• Relevant degree level or appropriate professional qualification
• Experience of delivering teaching and learning in information technology
Full details of the job post duties and candidate criteria details can be seen in the job description.
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and read the full job description before completing an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.