Lecturer A – Animal Management 0.4 FTE
Join Wigan & Leigh College on our journey to outstanding
Continually striving for excellence and a strong Grade 2 College, Wigan & Leigh College is well underway on its journey to become Outstanding. With over 6,500 students and a turnover of £26m, the College is in a strong position to continue to move forward and grow.
The College has distinct ambitions to expand its choice of programmes and services to meet the needs of the local community and support the economic transformation of Wigan and surrounding areas.
The College has created a community that encourages all students to enhance their learning through wider opportunities and support services; to maximise their achievements and secure progression onto further study and employment.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the developments in teaching in this progressive and popular area of our curriculum.
We are seeking an outstanding practitioner who can demonstrate current experience in Animal Management. You will be required to lead on the innovation, development, implementation and organisation of programmes of study within Animal Care and Animal Management qualifications. You will be able to teach a range of levels from level 1 to level 3 and have a wide range of animal experience and be confident handling a wide range of species both indoor and outdoor.
- Believe all learners can achieve?
- Demonstrate outstanding levels of skill and knowledge?
- Want to embark on an exciting journey within a subject area of growth and opportunity?
To be considered, you will:
- Be qualified to Level 4 or above with a relevant degree
- Possess relevant professional experience in this specialist area
- Possess a recognised teaching qualification
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about this curriculum area with an ambition to succeed
- The ideal candidate will be able to drive the College minibus
The College reserves the right to interview for this post should we receive suitable candidates prior to the closing date.
To comply with legislation, you are required to obtain a DBS check for your role. We will be asking Protocol National Ltd/Esafeguarding Ltd to undertake this process on our behalf.
The College is only accepting direct applicants for this role, no agency contact is required.