£20,950 - £32,241 (pro rata if part-time) (depending on qualifications and experience)
Plus market supplement of up to £4,000
Working within our Construction team, this post will be joining the College which has a strong focus on providing our learners with the skills and knowledge to promote skills within the sector. Ideally, candidates will have a sound knowledge of electrical installation and the construction industry, together with a comprehensive knowledge of current site health and safety legislation.
Whilst you do not have to have a formal teaching qualification or teaching experience to apply for this role you do need to have:
• A willingness to attain a teaching and assessing qualification. Courses are run in-house by the College.
• An interest and passion to interact with and develop young people.
Experience of working within an educational institution would be a distinct advantage to support our ambitious plan for the future development of our construction curriculum. The ability to teach on other course programmes e.g. Maths is desirable.
If applying on a part-time basis, please outline your preferred working pattern in your personal statement.
For a successful applicant who has demonstrable evidence of having a Level 5 teaching qualification and an IV Assessor award then a market supplement of up to £4,000 will be paid.
This post is based at the Andover campus.
Closing Date: 11 February 2019
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on- site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time staff)
• Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider