Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
We are looking for a Lecturer in A Level Economics within our Academic and Creative Studies Department, based at Stafford College, who is enthusiastic, self-motivated and a team player, having a relevant Level 5 teaching qualification (DTLLS or equivalent) or a willingness to train for one.
Our ideal candidate will be an inspiring lecturer who has a proven record of innovation and a pro-active approach to delivery. You will have also demonstrated an understanding and sensitivity towards the needs of your learners and used this to help them reach their true potential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver excellent standards of teaching and learning across all areas within the curriculum area
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
- To be involved in marketing of the College, Faculty and Department.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Is experienced in a core field of Economics such as accountancy, data analysis, risk assessment, investment, banking, human resource management, economics, management, retail, administration, etc.
- Has a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Teaching qualification (PGCE or DTTLS) or willingness to obtain
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in A Level Economics, please go to and click on ‘Apply’ to complete an online application form at https://www.staffordcoll.ac.uk/the-college/vacancies.
The closing date for completed applications is 25 November 2018
Interview date: 6 December 2018
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.