Lecturer in Art & Design (Fashion), maternity cover to July 2018, 3 days per week
We are looking for an experienced lecturer to cover a period of maternity within our highly dedicated and high performing Art and Design team.
The role is lecturing in fashion, particularly leading on the delivery of UAL Level 3 Art and Design fashion pathway. The requirement is for three days a week.
Below is an outline job description:
* To lead on the delivery of UAL Level 3 Art and Design – Fashion pathway.
* Contributing to other areas of the Art, Design curriculum where appropriate.
* Contribute to the delivery of specialist skills associated with preparing second-year students specialising in Fashion for the completion of their programme.
* Preparing, delivering and reviewing assignments that ensure reliable assessment evidence is generated.
* Monitoring, reviewing, evaluating and assessing student progress.
* Keeping accurate records of progress reviews for reporting purposes.
* Prepare for and manage controlled final-major-project work and moderation requirements for UAL Level 3 Art and Design (Fashion).
* Contribute to departmental cross-marking and standardisation of the UAL Art and Design programmes.
* Managing the teaching and learning environment and controlling resources safely and productively.
* Supporting students in developing their portfolios, making applications to HE courses and realising their progression aims.
* Supporting enrichment activities such as visits, work placements and “live” projects.
* Attending regular team meetings.
* Continually updating own professional development in respect of ongoing changes.
* Contributing to quality control systems including internal verification, standardisation and external moderation.
* Acting as subject pathway leader for UAL Level 3 Art and Design (Fashion) to ensure course design, assessment plans, schemes of work and assessment procedures are reviewed, developed and accurately maintained.
* Monitoring entries and grades for external moderation.
* Keeping accurate records of students, assessments and resource usage.
* Writing reports and references.
Subject Area Manager – Art, Design and Media